Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I Geofence indoor camera and keep 2 outdoor cameras armed?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jplum311
Follower
Follower

I have a 3 camera setup with 1 base station.  Through Geofencing I want to disarm the inside camera when I am home and keep the outside cameras active and then when no one is home have all cameras active.  I thought I could accomplish through a custom mode that has rules for outside cameras to trigger on motion and not creating any rules for the inside camera and then within the geofence settings set the custom mode to "Home" and the "Away" mode to "Armed".  Unfortunately, when I try to create the custom mode as described I can set one outdoor camera to activate and then turn the other outdoor camera on but that second camera doesn't have an option to activate and turn the other camera on so I feel like I'm just activating outdoor for 1 camera.  I'm probably overthinking this but any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrKeet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set this up using a CUSTOM mode:-

1. Add a CUSTOM mode and for the indoor cameras that you don't want to do anything when you are at home set them up as 'if the following motion is detected then do nothing'. 

Set all the outside cameras to record when motion is detected.

2. Set up Geofence HOME mode to select your CUSTOM mode

3. Set up your Geofence AWAY mode to select your ARMED mode

4. Set up ARMED mode to record on all your cameras.

When you are at home the ARLO base will be in custom mode and the indoor cameras will do nothing when there is motion. Your outdoor cameras will record on motion.

When you leave your home area the geofence mode will set the ARLO base to away mode which will ARM all of you cameras.

Good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What u want is do-able... Just have to remember ,

any camera not in the mode is off

only one mode can run at a time

when you created a custom mode, save after the first camera...then go back and edit for adding more

So you have a b c

used Armed mode when away ( all cameras )

use a custom mode when home ( for b c outside )

*** as mentioned, created mode for b then save, go back and edit to add c

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MrKeet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set this up using a CUSTOM mode:-

1. Add a CUSTOM mode and for the indoor cameras that you don't want to do anything when you are at home set them up as 'if the following motion is detected then do nothing'. 

Set all the outside cameras to record when motion is detected.

2. Set up Geofence HOME mode to select your CUSTOM mode

3. Set up your Geofence AWAY mode to select your ARMED mode

4. Set up ARMED mode to record on all your cameras.

When you are at home the ARLO base will be in custom mode and the indoor cameras will do nothing when there is motion. Your outdoor cameras will record on motion.

When you leave your home area the geofence mode will set the ARLO base to away mode which will ARM all of you cameras.

Good luck

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation