Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can we stop/block frequency scrambler that ruined our Arlo Pro 2 camera?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ybnormal1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can we stop/block what seems to be a frequency scrambler that has ruined 2 dash cams and is now affecting our Arlo 2 pro camera? I can’t upload a picture because a screenshot is apparently too big in data🤨

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ybnormal1971 wrote:
How can we stop/block what seems to be a frequency scrambler that has ruined 2 dash cams and is now affecting our Arlo 2 pro camera? I can’t upload a picture because a screenshot is apparently too big in data🤨

How big is the screen shot?  You could of course put it into cloud storage and post a link.

A WiFi jammer wouldn't ruin your cameras - all it could do is disrupt the wifi connection while it is in use.  What evidence do you have that a jammer is in use?   They are illegal in most countries, so you could notify the police.

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

As Stephen has said if your Wi-fi signal is being disrupted then it can’t do any harm to equipment but you would depending on what’s used lose your home WiFi as well with a note on what’s used as there are variants.

start with the Arlo and tell us more about your issues. 

ybnormal1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

We only seem to have issues with our camera when our problematic neighbour is home. Our other camera never seems to have any issues. Less traffic with that one too. 

ybnormal1971
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husbands truck 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, any interference shouldn't cause permanent damage to camera...

tho I have seen pixalation like that before. It wasn't from jammers here, just plain multi signals issues.

Moved a base closer to cameras for a better signal and issues went away.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

What’s it like during the day?

do you have a light close to the camera?

Is it just night time when this occurs?

Have you in any way edited the photo?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation