Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Mo1989
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband has left the premises due to the police placing him an apprehended violence order on him for domestic violence. The main account is attached to his email account. I have requested that he removes the devices from his account so that I can be the main account holder and have full control over them. He claims that he has lost the password and cannot get into his account to do this. However, at the moment, unless I switch them all off, I cannot be sure that he is not logging in and watching our activities. I do not want them off, as I need them to record if he comes here to threaten us etc. I cannot afford to purchase a who new system.

How can I reset the devices so that they are linked to no account? I will them be able to start afresh with them.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have 2 choices:

1) Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. You will likely need to provide legal papers to prove this is allowed.

2) Turn the system off and buy your own new base. Add the cameras to your base. Destroy the old base.

Mo1989
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.

What type of legal papers? I only have a copy of the AVO.

Unfortunately,  cannot afford to purchase a new base..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy legal papers would be useful although I don't know if yours would be sufficient. All you can do is use the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here and see what they have to say.

In the meantime, just keep the base turned off.

greyowl10
Tutor
Tutor

Actually you might try this ( altho I would defer to more experienced advice) I bought a second base & cam & could not link it to my email. (one base per email)  I thought it was because the old owner still had control, but I got this idea/advice from somewhere.  There is a small pinhole in the back of the base.  If you push a pin or something in there & hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds (longer if you can).   This should set the base back to factory settings.  Then you simply follow the set-up instructions like a new unit, attaching it to your email account. If by chance, the existing cams show up , then delete them & re-add them to your new account.      This should give you total control over the base &  all attached cams.  Worked for me.  Any tech-savy people out there /  please add your thoughts if I'm on the right track.  

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation