Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Sissydlh
Guide
Guide
Hey
I just got a second set of the Arlo Pro 2, Base Station and 4 cameras, for my house! I am trying to set up a second account and received an email that it is  "pending approval" 2 days ago !   How long does the approval take???

I have one set, basic station and 4 cameras for my business already for a while now and
just bought another base station and 4 cameras for my home.

I need to have two separate accounts ! I Have 2 different networks separate for house and business as well.
I Need to set up the new set apart from business set up.
I need separate notifications, alert sounds etc.  so I know if the alert is coming from the house or the biz.

Since each system allows 5 cameras on one account 1camera has itself included in the biz account 😞

what do I have to do ?

thanks   Sissy

16 REPLIES 16
brh
Master
Master

@Sissydlh

Unless something has changed recently, I have not heard of that happening before. I set up my second account about 2 months ago, logged in, added my base and then the cameras. Have you tried to log in to the new account yet to see if it is active?

Brian

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@brh wrote:

@Sissydlh

Unless something has changed recently, I have not heard of that happening before. I set up my second account about 2 months ago, logged in, added my base and then the cameras. Have you tried to log in to the new account yet to see if it is active?

Brian

Aren’t you only allowed a max five cameras with your account?

brh
Master
Master

@Paul_FCCL

You are correct for the free subscription. But you can setup another email account and base station to get another 5 cameras free subscription and share them back and forth with each other. But...there are some problems you will encounter doing this. Each acount and cameras must be armed separately and to make changes to the settings you will have to log into the proper account. You will be able to view all the cameras in each account.

So, lets say you setup one account with 5 cameras and a base station for abc_company@xxx.com and another account  with 5 cameras and another base station for my_home@xxx.com then grant access rights back and forth between the two accounts, you will be able to see all 10 cameras in each app or each IDE on your computer without paying for the cloud storage. If you are willing to pay the subscription fees you can have up to 15 cameras on each account for a total of 30 cameras.

Brian

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

Correct. That was my intention but for some reason I can not get a second account going.

I had created a second account different email, different password 

It will not work.  Keppstelling me email or password are incorrect! I know my email and I wrote down the password I used so I know it is right.

I tried the  "forgot password"  yesterday and again this am.  Arlo is suppose to send me an email to reset password .NOPE Did NOT get an email ! 

I tried setting up the account again thinking it might have not gone through but Arlo telling me that this email is already in use !  I am about to pull my hair out. 

I have $1000 equipment and can't get it to be functional 😞  Not happy right now.

brh
Master
Master

@JamesC

Any ideas what might be going on here? Have there been any recent changes to account setups?

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There should not be any issue setting up a second account. Are you absolutely sure you're using the correct information (password and username) when attempting to login? How did you originally create this account, were there any Arlo devices claimed on it upon creation?

JamesC

brh
Master
Master

@Sissydlh

As I said before, I have never heard of having to get an approval from Arlo to set up an account. Are there any special or nonalphanumeric characters in your second account? What country are you residing in? Are you able to send and receive messages in this second email account? 

Brian

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

I am!

I used my business email for the first account for the business set up

and my personal email for the 2nd account.   I don't even receive an email to reset my password on the 2nd account I tried to set up ?

brh
Master
Master

@Sissydlh

One option you have is to contact Arlo Customer Support and see what they are showing on their end. Click on the green banner below that says Contact Support and continue to click on the green banners at the bottom of each page until you come to a page with a dropdown box listing the phone number for the country you reside in.

For us to be able to help you in this forum, we will need a little more details.

So without giving out any personal information, who is the internet provider for your home account? 

Since you are being told that the home email address is already in use, that would indicate to me that the email address is already setup, although I don't know yet why you cant log in.

Have you tried logging in from both the app and on your computer at 

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

and what is the exact message you are getting from each one? (I would suggest using Chrome as your browser at this point).

Have you tried to grant access to your home account from your business account and accepting the invite? 

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Sissydlh

My thoughts are at this point that if you are using an email address given to you by your internet provider, say, att.net, it is possible that there might be some sort of firewall problem preventing you from logging in. I have one account on hotmail and another on gmail with a different username and password and I was able to set up the gmail account and link it to Arlo in a couple of minutes. I did not need to get an approval from Arlo to set it up. Something strange is going on here.

Brian

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

I am using yahoo email addresses

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

Brian thank you so much for all your help. So much appreciated! 

I have tried to login from app and computer ....... NOPE not happening.  I get on BOTH 

"The username and password is incorrect"   and when I tried to reset the password I NEVER received an email 😞

I can't grant access since I apparently only have ONE account !  I looked in my profile from the business account and there is only ONE email. I have NO idea WHY I get the message that my email addy for home is already in use but when I request to reset password I do NOT receive an email to do so ?  I checked my Spam folder just to make sure ....nothing!

I will try to follow the support links but now is weekend and I doubt I will get it resolved until next week?

maybe I will try a different email to set up 2nd account ?  ugh

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

Ok. I have set up second account with different email and it worked. 

I have granted access from Home account to biz account but do not have access to the 

cams. It is saying that the Home base station is offline ????  It is not.  

Biz account and home account have separate /different wifi connection. Could that be the reason ? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Different networks is not the problem. When you granted access, did you select all appropriate devices? Also, did you select the additional privileges (if appropriate)?

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

I selected all devices. The base station plus the 4 cameras and I granted  additional provilegedes. 

The base station at the house plus all 4 cameras are not working since I granted access  😞

I get "your Arlo device is offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet".

which it is.  I powered off and unplugged the base station at the house from the router and reset the base and then synched with the 4 cameras 

The cameras on the biz account are working fine......... the shared ones from the House NOT working  !

Did I miss anything ?

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

actually the cameras at the house and the base are not working at all anymore!

Even when I try access on the Home account it is giving me the offline error

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation