Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Yogi32
Aspirant
Aspirant

My, now ex, girlfriend was able to use my email and password on my system, and gets all of my notifications too, how can I fix tha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Yogi32

Smart girl. If you are on the basic plan, you could create a new account, (both Arlo and email), delete the base and cameras from that account and add them back to the new account. If you are on a paid subscription you might have to contact support and explain to them what is happening. Lots of Luck,

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go into SETTINGS/Profile and change your PASSWORD.

use a strong password and don't give it out

Also if you Granted Access to share, delete her

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Yogi32
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I be sure she isn't getting the phone notifications? I have changed my password twice now and she is still able to shut odd and delete my cameras and recordings.

brh
Master
Master

@Yogi32

Did you remove her access rights as Tom Mac suggested?

Brian

Yogi32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did, but she has been using my email address not hers, and when I set it up we had the same password. I have changed mine but she seems to ba able to get into the system and knows when I reset it, and cam somehoiw find out the new pass word, 

brh
Master
Master

@Yogi32

Smart girl. If you are on the basic plan, you could create a new account, (both Arlo and email), delete the base and cameras from that account and add them back to the new account. If you are on a paid subscription you might have to contact support and explain to them what is happening. Lots of Luck,

Brian

Yogi32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am on a paid subscription. I will contact customer support. Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation