Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with setting up my pro 2 system

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kjellbrel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last week I tried to install basestation vmb4500 using the Arlo app. Support also failed to help and instead had to use computer for locating/activating . Since I do not have a computer  I had to bring the router and Arlo kit to a friend for setup - it worked after some help from US support.

Today I tried to set up a second base and camera at the summerhouse . Same problem = the app cannot find the device ( base station) and is just scanning and scanning ( yes I have followed all fat/trouble shooting such as reset etc).

This app is no good.

I assume I have to drag out a computer to the summerhouse to get connected through the web instead. Can someone remind me how to connect. is it ethernet cable from computer to router to basestation or only ethernet cable from computer to basestation ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kjellbrel wrote:

so one cable from computer to router and one cable from router to base station ?

Yes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kjellbrel wrote:

Can someone remind me how to connect. is it ethernet cable from computer to router to basestation or only ethernet cable from computer to basestation ?

Both the computer and the base station are connected to the router (perhaps through an ethernet switch).

You don't connect the base station to the computer.

kjellbrel
Aspirant
Aspirant

so one cable from computer to router and one cable from router to base station ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kjellbrel wrote:

Yes.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation