Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with Arlo Charging Station designed for Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Go Rechargeable Batteries

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
glendaggarrett
Follower
Follower

I just purchased the Arlo Charging Station designed for Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Go Rechargeable Batteries.

Instructions say the light will light up Amber/Orange. 

When inserting both batteries (with provided factory cable & plug) the light blinks amber once then turns off. 

When Inserting only one battery (either of the two I have) the amber light will turn on and stay on. Once I insert the second (other) battery, the amber light will turn off. 

Are both batteries charging when its plugged in, flashes amber once then turns off? 

Should the amber light stay lit to indicate it is charging? if so, why isn't it staying lit?

Is this brand new $60 charging station a dud? 

I'm experiencing Arlo to be completely un-reliable and a huge waste of money. 

I've had my Arlo pro 2 system for 1.5 years and I've only used it a hand full of times and always indoors. They have been disconnected the majority of 2020 because we never leave the house anymore. pulled them out recently to get them connected but the cameras wouldn't sync to the base station. I figured the batteries were dead but after days of charging using just the original cord and not the original plug. I figured this charging station was a solution. Now I'm wondering if I just wasted more money on this poorly built system. 

2 REPLIES 2
bnic706
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

im  over in the uk and having some of the same issues as you. The double charging unit seemed to stop working for me after a couple of months. It seems as though arlo have been sending out the wrong power outlet for all there chargers, i have only ever received 5v outlet power plug with all my devices. Arlo now tell me it should only be a 9v but are not offering to change. This has lead to me having about 12 batteries that are now dead as for the past couple of years ive been using the wrong charger that arlo had supplied. 

The double charging unit was doing the same thing as you have mentioned, i was only ever able to charge 1 side at a time. 

Couldn't agree more, arlo products are overpriced and poor quality. If arlo are not willing to replica ether default products im going to moving to a different system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been using the charging station for years with no issues. I use a charger that supplies both 5v and 9v outputs which has always worked well. 

Why you only get a brief amber flash is something I haven't experienced. I suppose it's possible that the battery is totally dead so read the FAQ in the support area about reviving dead batteries. Basically, it's trying to charge the battery multiple times to get enough of a charge in them to then fully charge.  Another possibility is that something isn't quite right - swap at the store.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation