Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help using Outdoor Power Supply cable with3rd pty 6V solar panel & feeder battery

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
thedogmonster
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, a few years back I received help on the forum wiring my first gen Arlo camera to work with an inexpensive 6V Moultrie solar panel and a 6V deer feeder battery to store power. It worked perfect for over a year until the camera apparently shorted out. Lightning possibly.

Anyway, I bought a Pro 2 system and an Arlo Outdoor Power Supply and hacked off the transformer. We metered the leads from the plugged in transformer and I connected the white lead from the cable to positive and red to negative of the output terminals of a Sundance solar charge controller.

The camera worked perfect and showed 100% charge in the app. The next day charge level was at 0. Both the camera battery and solar panels storage battery were dead. I disconnected the Outdoor Power supply cable from the camera and recharged the battery It's working fine and holding it's charge as expected.

I'm disabled and the camera is 10 feet off the ground so every trip up the ladder is an adventure.

Does anybody see what I'm doing wrong. Should I remove the camera battery as I had done by rewiring the first gen arlo wireless cameras? I have 12 gauge ground wire and the satellite dish ground nearby. Should I connect ground to one of the other wires in the power supply cable? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation