Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Added Arlo Solar Panel to one of my cameras and continues to record for 5 minutes long.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
DominoDev
Initiate
Initiate

I added an Arlo solar panel to one of my cameras two days ago and since adding it that camera continues to record after the motion has stopped. I’m regularly getting five minute long videos. This is making it very difficult for the solar charger to keep up. It’s been in place for about two months prior to adding the solar panel an we did not have this issue before.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using "record till motion stops" ??

I recommend ( if so ) to pick a  "fixed time"  and see if it improves

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DominoDev
Initiate
Initiate

No I’m using the same setting as before adding the solar panel to record until motion stops but it keeps going until 5 minutes

pwps
Guide
Guide

I just discovered I'm having the same issue. Starting yesterday. No solar panels for mine. I think the only change I made yesterday was to Activity Zones. I now have motion triggered recordings lasting up to 5 minutes when the only motion occurs in the first 10-12 seconds.

pwps
Guide
Guide

@TomMac wrote:

Are you using "record till motion stops" ??

I recommend ( if so ) to pick a  "fixed time"  and see if it improves

I was using 'record till motion stops' and changed it to a fixed time of 30 secs. That worked in that the next recording was capped at 30 seconds. However, that does not solve the issue of failing to detect when motion stops and subsequently stopping recording. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DominoDev and pwps,

Try to remove the battery from the Arlo camera and re-insert it back in to see if that improves the recording. You could also try triggering the sensitivity to see if that helps: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation