Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have 3 Pro 2s and want more but distance from hub is too far. Get another Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
brcidd
Follower
Follower

So if I get another base station and 3 more cameras and attach them to new base station which will be 330+ feet away from other base station- can both base stations recognized on my phone app? And show all six cameras?  I'd use same base station for all six (is that possible?) but I am on a farm and want to watch front and rear entrances etc.  and signals won't travel that far.  The three at front entrance I want to replace my Zmodo (POS) cameras- they are very hard to attach to routers and if you change a position, or router- you are basically done with camera- they won't attach to new router- been 5 hours with tech assist- with no ability to use cameras now.

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I have two hubs (three actually, but that's an other story) with various cameras on each hub.

I can see all the cameras via the browser interface and the mobile apps.

The main wrinkle is when I want to use the mobile app to access the hub's on-board memory. You can look at only one at a tine.

Remember, if you have a second hub, it has to have a wired connection to a repeater or something that can communicate with the router. In my case, I use Powerline Ethernet but 330+ feet is a stretch for any technology, wireless or wired.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation