Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 connected to Netgear EX7300 AC2200 Mesh Range Extender

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Glenview
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wanted to run my Arlo Pro 2 base station and cameras using a Verizon Jetpack.  According to posts on this site, I purchased a Netgear EX1750 and managed to get the cameras working infrequently.  So I thought it was the mesh range extender.  So, I purchased a AC2200 EX7300 Mesh Range Extender and this time I was never able to get the system working.  I have a Centurylink DSL modem and my Arlo Pro base station was never able to connect to this router, no matter how it had it configured.  When I used the Mesh Range Extender, the maximum range was about 30 feet at no single and 10 feet was good.   With the Arlo Pro 2 base station connected to my Centurylink router the cameras operate flawlessly.  With my phone connected to the EX7300  and the Arlo base station connected to my Centruylink DSL router, I can only connect to the closest camera.  Now this makes no sense, but it is true.  The camera is connected to the base station and that is wired to the DSL router.  It must be the EX7300 wifi signal is so poor.  The Arlo Pro 2 Base Station will not connect to the internet when plugged into the internet port on the EX7300.  Strangely enough it would infrequently connect to the Verizon Jetpack.  But with unacceptable reliability and continual rebooting the system.

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Sounds more like a network issue than anything Arlo, but who knows?

Is there a request for help in there somewhere?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Glenview
Aspirant
Aspirant
With 2 Netgear mesh range extensors not working, I was wondering if it is possible to connect a Arlo base station to a Netgear ex7300?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Glenview wrote:
With 2 Netgear mesh range extensors not working, I was wondering if it is possible to connect a Arlo base station to a Netgear ex7300?

It all starts with your router.

You are supposed to plug the base station for your Arlo cameras into the router.

If you can't do that, then you can plug the router into a wifi extender or, in my case, a Powerline plug. But for that to work the extender has to work. In other words, it has to make a connection to the Internet.

If you want to use an EX7300 for this, then you have to get that to work first.

You describe this as " AC2200 EX7300 Mesh Range Extender". I see no claim that the EX7300 is  a Mesh device. It is simply a wifi extender. Mesh is a different technology.

But there is this issue:

@Glenview wrote:
With 2 Netgear mesh range extensors not working ...

Try sorting that out first. But this is not the place to go into that.

The rest of your first message, the stuff about the unnamed "Centruylink DSL router" doesn't make sense to me. Too little useful information.

I suggest a visit the the place where they support the modem/router or the EX7300. Get these things to work before you worry about the Arlo hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation