Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DeputyDog95
Star
Star

I'm using Android deviecs to access my arlo for the most part.

I have Pro 2 cams at 4 different locations.  Each and every time there is an app upgrade, all my settings disappear.  I lose the security schedule, as well as my doorbells (I have 2) switch to silent mode.  Has anyone else experienced this and is there any way to stop it from happening?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App upgrades don't affect your settings but recent updates have caused the app to not properly display and/or set things under the Mode tab properly at times. Until that is fixed, I suggest using a web browser to do that. You can use a mobile browser if you set it to use the desktop version of the site.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

s@jguerdat wrote:

App upgrades don't affect your settings but recent updates have caused the app to not properly display and/or set things under the Mode tab properly at times. Until that is fixed, I suggest using a web browser to do that. You can use a mobile browser if you set it to use the desktop version of the site.

When I do that on my iPad with Safari, the functionality is severely limited.  Basically subscription changes and links to other Arlo resources.  I can’t use cameras at all via the browser on an iPad.  I wish Arlo would ditch Flash (which I assume is the problem).  Flash has been flagged as a technology to abandon for about 10 ten years.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The major functionality that's missing when using a mobile browser is live view. The rest of the functionality works fine (ok, not Pan and Zoom).

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
Is it still Arlo.netgear.com?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For me it is.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

This is all I get on iOS...

A55FA242-5A4A-4B39-BA28-CF393E4DC77F.jpeg5F562F45-F342-418F-A9DA-04635187AED2.jpeg4FD2FAC5-210D-4F16-96CB-7FAFFABB8C66.jpeg

DeputyDog95
Star
Star

Something is happening that shouldn't be...

All my scheduled "arm" times for my 4 locations have disappeared.  Not the first time they've just, gone away.  And my doorbells automatically get set to "do not disturb".  

So I'm not sure what exactly is happening, but I'm a little disappointed at how buggy some of this stuff is for the price point.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@deputydog,
Are you using Basic plan and Activity zones on any of your cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation