Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HSN indicates Arlo always has live fee¿ but after 3 months you force to subscribe

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Judydamico
Follower
Follower

I purchased my new Arlo from HSN to which after the 3 months the camera feature went off.  I called to troubleshoot and they indicated that you  "must subscribe"  in order to have the camera feature on cell.. that's not what they're saying today which is March 14th 2023 ..  WHY  the double standards.. I do not / do NOT want to subscribe. I want to have it as I have with my other two Arlo cameras to which I do not have any current cameras recording  with my new Arlo  carmeras... WHY.  False advertising  .. To force subscriptions.. SAD

Screenshot_20230314-085524_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230309-224850_Arlo Secure.jpg

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Judydamico wrote:

I purchased my new Arlo from HSN to which after the 3 months the camera feature went off.  I called to troubleshoot and they indicated that you  "must subscribe"  in order to have the camera feature on cell..

I do not / do NOT want to subscribe. I want to have it as I have with my other two Arlo cameras to which I do not have any current cameras recording  with my new Arlo  carmeras...

This is a user-to-user forum and I don't work for Arlo. 

All newer Arlo camera models (starting with the Ultra back in 2018) require a subscription to get any cloud storage. 

Without a subscription you can still live stream the cameras, but there are no smart notifications, activity zones, or recordings.

Also, Arlo recently changed their support policy - you now need a subscription to get phone support.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation