Grant access Arlo pro,

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jbavar
Follower
Follower

Trying to grant access to cameras to my spouse. but it wants him to create a new account. when he does it wants him to select devices and sign up for a subscription. My account never had a subscription. we've tried several times without success. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jbavar wrote:

Trying to grant access to cameras to my spouse. but it wants him to create a new account. when he does it wants him to select devices and sign up for a subscription.

Have him click on the "Create account" link in the invite email on a PC.  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there he logs into his existing account (going through the 2-factor verification step).

Then the invitation will show up as "accepted" in your account.   He should receive notifications, and be able to live stream cameras.

However, he might not be able to view recordings.  Likely his account will show him "Dashboard" and "Feed" - which is the new UI.  Yours likely still shows the older "Library" option.  If that is the case, he won't see recordings.

To resolve that, you'd need to migrate your user experience to "feed".  You do that by using "add device", and then select either the Pro 5s camera or the home security system.  That won't finish, because you don't have them.  But it will prompt you to migrate to "feed".

The new interface is quite different, and might take some time to get used to.  There are some limitations (particularly if you use custom modes).  Once you migrate to it, there is no way back.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation