Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grainy Video during Rain

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BlueEyes8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have two cameras. The dry one under the porch was unaffected. The one under the short overhang viewing the back deck was affected. Last night's night vision was grainy. Yet today's day vision looks good. Although an outdoor camera, now concerned about moisture with the unit and future performance. Please advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlueEyes8
Aspirant
Aspirant
After doing some additional research, decided to purchase the Holicfun Outdoor Weatherproof Housing Birdhouse Cover for Arlo Pro, Pro 2 Camera (White, 1 Pack). This seems as though it would help protect the camera from the rain. Will let you know how it goes. I should mention that I did look at skins, but, opted for the birdhouse instead. Let me know what you have done (birdhouse versus skins) and what has been your experience please. Arlo Pro 2 camera.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BlueEyes8
Aspirant
Aspirant
After doing some additional research, decided to purchase the Holicfun Outdoor Weatherproof Housing Birdhouse Cover for Arlo Pro, Pro 2 Camera (White, 1 Pack). This seems as though it would help protect the camera from the rain. Will let you know how it goes. I should mention that I did look at skins, but, opted for the birdhouse instead. Let me know what you have done (birdhouse versus skins) and what has been your experience please. Arlo Pro 2 camera.
N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

You probably had moisture on the outside of the camera lens. The housing may or may not help.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation