Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Nigel_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed Arlo Pro 2 system with 4 cameras at home and everything has set-up and worked as expected, EXCEPT Geofencing, which is the critical component of the system I need to work.

I enable the Geofencing mode and go through the set-up in the app. As soon as I save the configuration the app goes back to the mode screen showing Geofencing selected, but the moment it recognizes I am within the specified Home Geofencing zone (popup notification), Armed becomes selected and it deletes the saved Geofencing configuration?

I’ve seen the advice by James C to toggle the enabled devices off (in this case my iPhone 7 Plus), save the configuration, then go back in and toggle the desired device back on and save again. When I go back in to toggle my iPhone back on it appears for a brief moment under Enabled Devices and then disappears and no devices are then shown. There is no way I can toggle it back on once toggled off and saved.

There seems to be two software issue occurring. Firstly, why is Geofencing automatically being toggled off (and configuration deleted) and Armed toggled on as soon as the app recognizes I’m within the Geofencing zone?  Secondly, why is my iPhone only being displayed momentarily under Enabled devices when going back in after toggling it off.

Can this be fixed?  Seems a shame to return the system for such a simple software glitch.

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Nigel_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brief update. I rebooted everything (router, base station, removed and replaced camera batteries, and rebooted phone). Now, as soon as I set-up and save Geofencing, the mode toggles to Disabled, regardless of whether I am within or well outside the Geofence area. Also, the Geofence configuration is lost in each case. Trying to edit just take me back through set-up. Any ideas? It seems the Geofencing option does not work at all.

Nigel_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just read Brian’s (brh) response on thread “Arlo app geofencing doesn’t stick”.  I'm having a similar issue.  I did have an apostrophe in my iPhone's name (pretty common) and after removing it, it seems to have resolved the issue.  I'll update after a few days if the issue stays resolved. Thanks Brian!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation