Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing Is Terrible And Buggy.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Ekulnitsua
Initiate
Initiate

I get that the geofencing API is dodgy on android, so slow updates are not the fault of the arlo app.

What is the fault, however, is when I leave my shop and need to log in to manually arm the system, when I'm 30 minutes down the road, the geofence has moved from where it was set to somewhere in the Atlantic ocean (I stared at the blue map expecting to load the roads, until I decided to zoom out and discovered it was "all at sea"), though confusingly my device was still in the zone.

I'm lucky that my business hours are set, so for the most part scheduling is fine for me, and I can manually disarm if I'm in early / late. Make no bones about it though, if I bought this for its geofencing capability, it would be going straight back. Its utterly unusable.

Please add more options to, say ifttt, like switching between custom modes or scheduling so that something better programmed can deal with the automation and make this product work as it is advertised.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ekulnitsua,

Have you tried contacting Customer Support regarding this issue? I have attached the link for you below

Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation