Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Foresight/lookback feature questions

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FuzzyWolf
Star
Star
Hey guys,

So I recently added an Arlo Pro 2 camera to my Arlo system and I decided to run it wired so I can use the foresight/lookback feature as I placed it at the front of my house where there’s most activity. But so far it doesn’t seem like the 3 seconds lookback feature is working and it only records as I move into range.

I use the wesserstein 5m cable with a Sony QC 2.0 charger (5V@1.8A, 9V@1.7A, 12V@1.3A). It shows battery charging icon and the battery charged fully so I assumed it work. I also don’t have the arlo charger as I bought the camera as an add on and the arlo outdoor adapter is too short, I needed around 4m.

My arlo system consists of 3 wire-free cameras, an arlo audio doorbell, one arlo pro 2 that are connected to a vmb4500 base station. I usually use custom modes to avoid useless triggers on other cameras when we’re home and only “Armed” when we’re sleeping or away from home. But this shouldn’t be a problem right?

Anyone knows what to do?
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You would have to compare the newer ac powered videos with the older...

Also, test it on a temp basis with the original power supply.

the lookback is only 3 secs so if you cameras were slow to activate you may not really notice.

I run most of my Pro/Pro2 cameras at about 90-93% sense level.

Custom modes should not effect if the sense level is good.

Only other option is to use remove device and bring back as if new but you will need to re-do the custom modes.

( also first try a reset of camera; remove poweer/ battery and replace )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

@TomMac I did compare them unplugged and plugged to power and then walk on the same path and video looks largely the same. My sensitivity is at usually at 90% but even when I set it to 100% I don't see any change. Unfortunately I don’t have an original power supply as I bought the pro 2 as an addon and my orignal system is the wire-fee arlos that uses cr123a batteries. I do have the newer base station though.

I’ll try them again tomorrow but isnt the plugged in motion detection is video based? Then temp shouldn’t matter in this case?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For the Pro2 you should have an original ac adapter ... it uses a dual voltage qualcom type usb of 5 and 9v dc... to run and charge the internal battery,  not sure if the third party ps would cause the issue

As to the lookback, the Pro 2 is still PIR based on motion, just that the 3 sec lookback comes from a buffer ( recording and that why it needs ac )... so you still need the triggered event so the camera can add the 3 secs to the front end of video

Morse is faster than texting!
FuzzyWolf
Star
Star
Thanks for your reply! It seems that its working now and recording shows before I enter the frame. I didn’t do much besides adding activity zones to the whole frame, maybe that’s it?

On the other note, it may be a 3rd party power supply but I am still using a qualcomm quick charger(which has 5v, 9v and 12v) and it shows charging and did charge the battery so I don’t think that was the issue. It was about 89% when I plugged it in and it’s full now.

And finally are you sure when plugged in it uses PIR sensor? Or did they changed it? It clearly states on the side of the box on battery PIR and on the second line when plugged in video based detection.
FuzzyWolf
Star
Star
Just an update, yeah I think it does still use the PIR sensor even when plugged in. That’s odd. Here are links to the photo of the side box and my power supply if you’re curious. I’ve tried attaching it directly to this forum but my iphone does it as “.jpeg” instead of “.jpg” and it says invalid file.

https://ibb.co/SPM2Q8V
https://ibb.co/9y6XWnG
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation