Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Force DHCP Lease Renewal on Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently segmented my network so that I have a separate isolated Guest/IOT network. I want to put all of my IOT devices on that network. Is there a way to force the base station to renew its DHCP lease so that it will pick up an address from the guest network? Before I do this I will reconfigure the port on the ethernet switch so that only that network appears on that port. I know that the base station can't recognize a VLAN tag.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

See my edit above. I can do it at the command line on the router.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't configure the base in any way so you have to do it on the DHCP server end. If nothing else, you could use a WiFi switch set to turn off and back on at your desired times.

dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't want to "configure" the base. I just want it to ask to renew the DHCP lease like it does when the lease expires normally expires. I guess a complete reset would do it but I would have to go through the whole setup again. Everything is already setup on the server end.

Actually scratch that...

I just found there are command line commands for the Ubiquiti edgerouter which will force a dhcp release/renew.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not gonna happen since there's no way to configure network parameters on the base.

dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

See my edit above. I can do it at the command line on the router.

Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation