Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
tfirma99
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,   I keep seeing the support team saying that blue/orange flashing means the camera is in a middle of a firmware update.   After waiting days and continuing to see the flashing blue/orange - I attempted to sync again, without success.   Removed the battery (multiple tries) and tried everything (I have many cameras so I'm very familiar with setup).   Now TWO cameras have the issue of just flashing blue/orange without any way to re-set them up again.

The support team, after 5 days, wrote that it was a firmware update, even though I told them I had waited days.  And now there is no response to my telling them I still have the issue.

Has anyone found a solution for this?   Thanks very much in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
I suggest the cameras are locked out maybe due to a interruption during the firmware update.
I can’t recall seeing any solution on the forum except warranty replacement.

Refer
https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

One possible option would be to move the cameras close (3ft) to the base station, externally power the cameras, and wait for the next update to be pushed out from arlo.

There is no user factory reset feature for the pro2 cameras although it was implemented after this model.
Not sure if arlo would accept responsibility for a compromised firmware update without recovery options but it would be a ideal approach to improving sales of newer products.
tfirma99
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @Dannybear ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer up your solution.   I think you are probably 100% correct.    I can't imagine how the firmware update was interrupted, but now that two of the cameras are bricked, and JUST out of "warranty", I'm thinking Arlo is going to go tell me to pound sand. 

Thanks very much again for taking the time to respond!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation