Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware Update recently went through my Arlo 2 and now it's bricked...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HMike99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently "allowed" my Arlo 2 to go thru a firmware update, no warning associated with what can go wrong with a firmware update. Unit is now bricked, because it's over two years old it is now my issue, try to avoid updates if at all possible.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Updates to FW are usu automatic and the user has no control over this....

The major issue is if batteries are low when this occurs but, IIRR, there is a low battery amount to prevent the d/l of FW if battery is below a certain level.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reinserted the battery and rebooted the base?

HMike99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think that I have tried just about everything, rebooting, trading batteries and so on. The closest I can get (and after several tries at inserting and removing the fully charged battery is holding down the sync button and then have it flash blue for a period of time. This does not happen all the time and I may only get one flash of the blue LED when the battery is inserted. When it does flash as it supposed to it will not sync, it then goes into flashing red / orange after a period of time. If I try to hit the sync button on the camera once again nothing happens, I have to remove the battery and after several more attempts I might be able to get the blue light to flash and try to sync. One more piece of information, after trying to get it to sync (after the flashing red / orange) if I leave the battery in the camera it will discharge after about 24 hours meaning something is left turned on in the camera although there is an absence of any LED activity, any suggestions on what to do is welcome.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes removing the camera from your account, and then re-adding it works.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation