Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Surferride
Initiate
Initiate

Dear Community, 

I have 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. One of them I have it mounted and connected to USB, this enables the camera advanced functionalities to have for example configured activity zones.

On the other camera I have a proble, I dont have a way to connect to AC power so I am thinking on a workaround. 

I tested connecting the camera to an external USB battery pack and this seemed to work, so the advanced functionalities were available, Now I am thinking on installing the original solar power to check if this would feed the external battery so that it would constantly provide power to the Arlo Pro 2.

Anybody tried something like this already? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The backup usb battery will work, the solar panel will NOT ( solar only provides enough power to charge the battery pack not run camera )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

What size / make / model USB battery pack are you using? That is a great work around!

Surferride
Initiate
Initiate

Well, I am not planning to connect the Solar Panel to the camera, because I know that this doesnt enable constant power for the additional functions, but if I can plug the solar panel to the external battery so it tries to re-load it with the solar panel feeding power to it....This is what I need to test.

I will test with a basic chinese battery first and depending if it works or not then maybe I can try a different approach. The problem I have is that the place where the solar panel will need to be plugged doesnt receive a lot of direct Sunlight, and I live in Switzerland where Sunlight in winter its a problem in most parts. 

I will test and let you guys know how this approach works

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure that the battery supports charging while being used.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation