Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fail to connect with tap to speak

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pappywg
Aspirant
Aspirant
The "tap to speak" on All of my cameras now show, error, "fail to connect". Have reset the whole system already. All cameras are charged.
6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you using the web portal on browser or the mobile app, on iPhone it says “hold to speak” btw.

If you’re using the browser does it work correctly if you use the incognito window mode?
Pappywg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using my android phone "arlo app".  I have had the arlo system for at least 5 years now and have not had an issue until now.  I have done a "hard reset" on the base station, reloaded all 5 camera's, made sure they are all charged up.  The issue is, When I select any of  the camera's and the "app" brings me to the "live" video, I tap the mic icon on the screen which switches to the voice screen with the mic "button", but above the "mic button" where it should say, Hold to Speak, it says, Failed to connect, tap here to try again.  

I have "tapped" about 200 times, on ALL 5 cameras, before and after I have reset the system. 

It is not allowing me to get to the "hold to speak" part.  All the other functions of the app, system seem to be working fine.  Heck even the mic on the cameras is picking up sound.  I have made sure the app on my phone is "allowed" to access the mic as well.  I have looked into "updating" the software, but according to Arlo, everything is up to date.  My phone is not even a year old, so it is NOT my phone running old software, plus it worked a few months back. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on WIFi or mobile data? Which version of the Arlo app do you have installed? Which version of Android OS is your device running/?

Pappywg
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo app version is:
3.5.13_28425
Released 01/25/22
Phone is:
4.1 /12
Also attempted to use the other 2 Arlo users on my account, with their phones and get the same results. So I really do NOT believe it's an issue with our phones
Pappywg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh, I also forgot to mention, this is happening on BOTH wifi and mobile. Also on both my Home WiFi and my work wifi.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update to the latest version 3.6.8 and test again. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation