Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Erilekn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can anyone please help me explain the difference between the two basestation VMB4000 and VMB4500?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erilekn wrote:

Can anyone please help me explain the difference between the two basestation VMB4000 and VMB4500?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

The 4500 has a quieter siren, and also can't stream above 1080p (which is relevant if you have a pro3 or ultra camera).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erilekn wrote:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

The 4500 has a quieter siren, and also can't stream above 1080p (which is relevant if you have a pro3 or ultra camera).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

The 4500 has a quieter siren...

So quiet that some people complain loudly.

Lots of messages here from people who were disappointed when their Pro 2 systems arrived with the "newer" hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Erilekn
Apprentice
Apprentice

I change from VMB4500 to 4000 in store just because it has 3 led light. Much more clear. So good i changed.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Erilekn wrote:

I change from VMB4500 to 4000 in store just because it has 3 led light.

Good point. With three LEDs you have more information to tell you what is going on.

As it is, the LED on the hub can sometimes flash amber when it should be blue, but the thing still seems to be working. Not great for diagnostics.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation