Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
JonStreich
Follower
Follower

My Arlo app is not letting me stream my cameras. I hit play and get a message saying "cannot stream more that 5 cameras at once." I only have two cameras. So that's that even remotely possible. This is on my Android phone note 10+ this issue has been going for about a week. I've restarted my phone multiple times. Even uninstalled the app and redownload.

This is not an okay time for this issue to happen.

20 REPLIES 20
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JonStreich

Are you still experiencing this issue with the live streaming?

mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope no more problems so far
Pdcleff
Tutor
Tutor

Does anyone have a solution for the problem: "Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream?"  I have 4 cameras and 1 camera displays this message when I try to view it live or view any recordings.   I have rebooted the base station and that does not help.  I have reloaded the app and that does not help.  The problem exists with an android app, an apple app, and directly on the Arlo website.  I called Arlo technical support and their only suggestion is to remove the camera and re-sync it to the base station.  However, the camera is located at a vacation home and I cannot go there for a while (thank you Corona virus).  Does anyone know if that solution works or if there another solution?

Pdcleff
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. Started a few days ago.  I contacted Arlo technical support and they escalated the problem internally.  The camera is in a vacation home that I cannot physically access for a while. Arlo support suggested disconnecting the camera then re-sync it to the base station.  

JeaniB
Guide
Guide

I was having the same problem.  I removed ONE camera and rebooted my base station, added back the camera and all is good.  Sucks that you are on vacation when this happened.

Ricochet1
Tutor
Tutor
I have 10 cameras and three base stations. Six of the cameras are Arlo pros and the other four are Arlo Pro 2 cameras. all 10 cameras regardless of which one I select provides me with the following error message telling me I cannot stream more than five cameras at a time. But I am not streaming any of the cameras. I am trying to watch the video from one of my notifications from one of my cameras and I cannot look at any of the video of any of the cameras. they appear to be trying to record but I cannot see what they are recording I can't stream from any camera I have already done all the normal reset procedures required and I am not going to go through the reset procedures multiple times. This just started happening so I am suspecting someone has pushed software that is caused a problem with the cameras. So I have opened up a chat case and gave them the information as well as a serial number to one of the cameras to start troubleshooting. but lo and behold they told me to turn off the zone settings so I turn those off and it made no difference. As I went back to the support forum they disconnected and I've not got anyone back on the forum again. I am totally fed up with these finicky cameras since they have switched over from our look to Arlo from Netgear. It is a travesty as much money as these cost that we continue to have these fluke's problems and software issues that prevent us from looking at the security cameras which is what we bought them for. I'm expecting someone from Arlo to wake up contact me back and explain to me what we could do to fix this because as other people have posted on the forums and I couldn't add to those posts so I started this new one I'm expecting somebody to tell me what they need to do to fix it because it just stopped on its own and it's all 10 cameras three separate base stations.
DD67
Aspirant
Aspirant
error message of maximum of 5 cameras streaming and need to stop one in order to live view.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I don't follow.

You are trying to fix a problem?

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Altdahunta
Tutor
Tutor

I am getting very annoyed at this whole Arlo system, which I am paying a monthly fee for as well. It was working fine for a year and not it has completely stopped and keeps giving me a message "maximum of 5 camera streams..." even when I am trying to live stream 1 camera. I have 6 cameras and 2 base stations in total.

I have been communicating with support but up to now, all I get is questions and asking me to do things like turning things on and off, but I still cannot access my cameras.

I am calling out for help on this as I have not had a response from Arlo (albeit the last response I provided was 2 days ago). I've even tried using the PC or iPhone to access Arlo and all devices are giving me error messages.

I notice a lot of issues with Arlo. For a product that is charging a premium price, this product and service is not fit for purpose. 

Arlo_CHN
Tutor
Tutor

Without subscription, the upper limit of camera connection is 5. You can remove the BS and Camera from the App and reset it, then reconnect the BS and camera to the App. Then check the result.

Altdahunta
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response, in the first paragraph of my issue raised, I have stated I pay the monthly fee for the Arlo subscription. So I am still stuck with the problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlo_CHN wrote:

Without subscription, the upper limit of camera connection is 5. You can remove the BS and Camera from the App and reset it, then reconnect the BS and camera to the App. Then check the result.

That doesn't seem to be @Altdahunta 's problem.

It is true that the free cloud recording for older cameras is limited to 5 cameras per account.

However, there is also a limit on the number of simultanous streams per base station (which also happens to be 5).  That limit always applies - even if you are on a paid subscription.  That appears to be what @Altdahunta is seeing.

There are lots of people saying that they've been seeing this error, even though they don't have that many cameras active.  Likely a back-end or base station bug.  One thing to try is restarting the base station.

Altdahunta
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestions, so I have been talking to the Arlo team (still waiting a response since the last communication on about 3 days ago. 

Things I have done prior:

- reinstalled the Arlo software, twice

- rebooted the base stations several times (one of them I have to reboot via the app because its in a different location)

- turned off some of the cameras

- tried logging on from PC and iPhone 

- provided all my Arlo information to the Arlo support team

Still doesn't work! This is driving me mad!

Any help from Arlo please??? 

Amaze
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.  Problem started when I was trying to live stream a particular camera to check my package arrival this morning.  The camera fails to connect.  I then tried another 2 for total of 3 cameras and I started to get this error message when I don't even have the rest of camera turned on.  Restarted base station and turned all 3 active cameras off then them back on and still having same problem.  

I agree these things should not happen suddenly.  This is not the first time I've had problem with the Arlo system.  The cameras suddenly disappeared a year or 2 back and I had to bring my ladder out and climb up the ladder quickly to reinstall cameras to BS and back into the house and ran out for different cameras that are mounted on the ceiling...real pain in the rear.  

Amaze
Tutor
Tutor

And trying to contact Arlo support and the link leads to non working web page...even more frustrating...

Amaze
Tutor
Tutor

I just fixed it.

I went to my Arlo account online from a desk top computer.  I went to settings and checked the subscription.  For some reason I noticed non of my cameras are "participating" in my subscription plan.  I don't see any problem for Arlo to charge my Visa monthly and not sure why Arlo (AGAIN) removed my cameras from my subscription.

In any case, I "dragged" all my cameras back to "activate" area and I can live stream without getting the error message now.

I hope it can help some others with similar issues.

Pdcleff
Tutor
Tutor

I finally fixed this issue.  Had to physically go to my vacation home, remove the base station from my account (through the app), reset the base station using a paper clip in the "reset" hole, restart the base station and add it to my account, then sync the cameras to the base station.  This should not happen!  I am not happy with all the different problems with Arlo cameras.

Altdahunta
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, that’s what I had to do as well.

What a shame, poor product quality and not really fit for purpose. What is the point of buying these cameras when you have to go and physically fix them?

i used to recommend this product but not anymore!

JeaniB
Guide
Guide

Only 2 of my 5 cameras are participating.  How did you "drag" the cameras?  I get a pop up box telling me to drag the camera here, but there are no cameras to drag!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JeaniB wrote:

Only 2 of my 5 cameras are participating.  How did you "drag" the cameras?  I get a pop up box telling me to drag the camera here, but there are no cameras to drag!

You should see the other 3 cameras if you scroll down.

You can do this from either the mobile app or from https://my.arlo.com - so maybe try a different interface.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation