Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
wallys3d
Tutor
Tutor

I keep seeing a message in  Microsoft Edge browser that adobe flash player will no longer be used in 2020 what will i have to do in order to use my browser to check on my Home while away ? 

Thank-you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

With Flash Player support becoming obsolete in the very near future, we’re happy to announce that as of May 1st, we’ve transitioned away from Flash Player and it will no longer be needed to live stream Arlo Cameras when using a web browser.

Adobe Flash Player is still required if you have a continuous video recording (CVR) subscription plan. We plan to transition away from Flash Player for CVR users in a release later this month.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Guessing by then, Arlo will have made a change ( it's prob in the works now ),

or use a diff browser ( or mobile app )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
wallys3d
Tutor
Tutor

Thank-you TomMac for  the reply 

A_P
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo needs a viable PC client well before flash support ends permanently, a Microsoft Store app would seem ideal rsther than Netgear continue to have to try to support multiple browsers and/or force Arlo users to work in specific browsers.

For example, Windows arm tablets running Firefox arm already can't use Arlo due no Flash support and still no Windows app from Netgear.

If you could please pass this problem to Management and post their response, that would be helpful for those considering buying Arlo or moving away from Arlo for these reasons.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/25/16026236/adobe-flash-end-of-support-2020

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei
@A_P wrote:

If you could please pass this problem to Management and post their response, that would be helpful for those considering buying Arlo or moving away from Arlo for these reasons.

You should also add this suggestion to the  Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TaylorM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Flash is being discontinued on all browsers. Adobe's no longer supporting Flash starting in 2020, so they will have to do something. I hope they make an announcement soon. It barely works as is.

A1_most-Done
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you get a problem resolved if Support cannot give you appropriate assistance?  I have explained that the Flash is active and included [selected] in my browser.  What is the next step to get someone's attention to the "LIVE" view problem on the PC to get it resolved?  Again, no problem with IOS access.   Please H E L P ! ! !    The following is the most recent response from Arlo Support which is of not use since I use Internet Explorer 11 -- not Google Chrome.   Also, tried Google Chrome, and problem still exist there as well ! ! !

Subject: Unable to view the live streaming from 21st

Case Update
KB article: https://kb.arlo.com/000062077/How-to-troubleshoot-Arlo-web-client-Flash-errors-when-using-Google-Chr...

To send a follow-up response, please click on the “Update Case” button below.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@A1_most-Done wrote:

Also, tried Google Chrome, and problem still exist there as well ! ! !

Did you unblock flash for the site in Chrome as explained in the kb article? If you did, then the issue isn't with flash.

wallys3d
Tutor
Tutor

i ask my question 4 months ago, i do not understand what your reply has to do with my question,most likely it does not

just mark my question as unsolvable, and i will not attempt any other questions. ridiculous   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wallys3d wrote:

i ask my question 4 months ago, i do not understand what your reply has to do with my question,most likely it does not

I was replying to A1_most-Done (and assumed that TomMac had answered your question to your satisfication).

Flash is being deprecated by Adobe, and will be removed from web browsers at the end of next year (December 2020).  Arlo is well aware of that, and their CEO has said (in a tweet) that they will transition to html5 before that happens.  Like everyone else here, I hope that transition happens sooner rather than later.

So you will still be able to use the browser after flash is removed (and in fact it should be easier, since there will be no need to unblock flash when you use the web client).

But in the meantime, you do need to unblock flash.  That's not difficult in edge, though it is a bit tedious to have to do it over and over.  If you do need help on how to do the unblocking, please do reply and we can provide the steps.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@wallys3d wrote:

just mark my question as unsolvable, and i will not attempt any other questions. ridiculous   

As @StephenB says, other people have joined in the discussion since you lobbed it in some months ago. "Hijacking" discussions is supposed to be against community the rules, but that does not stop people from piling in, often with questions that have little to do with the original.

I'm afraid there is no "unsolvable" flag, which is not in any case true. Arlo has just decided not to solve it yet. But if you want to bring the discussion to a halt then marking it as Solved might at least deter latecomers for sustaining the agony.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
John_Mastro
Aspirant
Aspirant

According to the new version of Edge, Microsoft will no longer support Flash Player after December 2020. Does anybody know what Arlo plans on doing with this? Without flash one cannot view their camera's from a PC.

Thanks!  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@John_Mastro wrote:

According to the new version of Edge, Microsoft will no longer support Flash Player after December 2020. Does anybody know what Arlo plans on doing with this? Without flash one cannot view their camera's from a PC.

Thanks!  

They've announced that they will switch to html5 before the browsers drop support for flash.

John_Mastro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

With Flash Player support becoming obsolete in the very near future, we’re happy to announce that as of May 1st, we’ve transitioned away from Flash Player and it will no longer be needed to live stream Arlo Cameras when using a web browser.

Adobe Flash Player is still required if you have a continuous video recording (CVR) subscription plan. We plan to transition away from Flash Player for CVR users in a release later this month.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation