Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

EOL DATE CHANGE

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Arlo pro two cameras EOL date has changed from 1/1/24 to 1/1/25. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eric182 wrote:

The Arlo pro two cameras EOL date has changed from 1/1/24 to 1/1/25. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

Along with all the other devices that had 1 Jan 2024 EoL dates.

And the VMC3030 and VMC4030 (Pro) dates changed to 1 July 2023.

But I think the bigger change is that they will continue providing the free 7-day cloud storage.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB 

You are correct. Although I wasn’t going to list those things here since this is an Arlo pro two community. Hence why I linked the EOL dates for everything else.

taoman54
Tutor
Tutor

But I think the bigger change is that they will continue providing the free 7-day cloud storage.

I'm hoping you can clarify that statement. Is this "free 7-day cloud storage" for 1 year only for EOL Pro and PRO 2 or indefinitely? I am confused because the email also contained this statement:

"Arlo will also continue to provide critical security updates to your EOL product for up to 1 year after the EOL Effective Date."

That statement comes right after the statement about continuing "your EOL device will keep 7 days of cloud storage at no cost to you." 

So I am unclear if the "1 year after the EOL Effective Date" applies only to "critical security updates" or to the "7 days of cloud storage at no cost to you" also. Do you know?

TIA

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@taoman54 wrote:

So I am unclear if the "1 year after the EOL Effective Date" applies only to "critical security updates" or to the "7 days of cloud storage at no cost to you" also. Do you know?

It only applies to the critical security updates.  Two different sentences, and the critical security one includes the "also", which makes it clear that is it is additional.

On January 1, 2023, Arlo communicated our updated End of Life Policy addressing how Arlo would support legacy devices as they age. Some customers voiced concern over how they could continue to utilize the remaining life of their legacy product. More specifically, many customers reached out to us to tell us they enjoy the 7 days of rolling cloud video recording provided with legacy devices and don’t want that service to end.

We heard those concerns and as part of our continued commitment to support our Arlo community, we are pleased to share that owners of Arlo EOL products will continue to have access to 7 days of cloud storage. When your EOL device enters the EOL stage on July 1, 2023, your EOL device will keep 7 days of cloud storage at no cost to you. Arlo will also continue to provide critical security updates to your EOL product for up to 1 year after the EOL Effective Date. 

taoman54
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. I hope you're right. If true, then in my view it makes the PRO 2s more valuable. I just bought 2 more new in the box for $155 each off eBay.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Over many years of reading posts on this forum I had considered my pro2 cameras to have been worth their weight in gold.

I am of the option that the pro2 has been the most reliable product arlo has ever offered that meets the basic customer requirements,

even with the higher purchase price tag.

When arlo advertised that they intended to discontinue providing services for customers  to continue to operate the cameras I was initially frightened and naturally scared for me and my family’s safety.

Since arlo has now back tracked their initial policy statement to some degree, I still feel scared that they will eventually try again but this time with more stealth.    

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation