Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do not remove the Camera from the account if it gets stolen

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Neoanderz
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Guys 

Im from Victoria Australia, recently 2 of my cameras got stolen.

I just wanted to let you know that once Arlo's are stolen, dont remove them from the account, 

If you leave the camera in the account, if someone installs it somewhere else, you will see the video feed.

I know some people say if you have it paired with one base you can pair it to another. However Police said another owner (who had his cameras stolen as well) has seen them being used in theif's home and recorded the footage of the thief through stolen cameras and gave it to the police.

Police arrested him with bunch of cameras (which included my Arlos)

So in that case you still can pair it to another base, yet the original base will get the video feed (I believe).

Just a little advise to potentially recover them, DONT remove them from your account

3 REPLIES 3
trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

I think you, or the police have got the wrong end of the stick.   To pair an Arlo camera with a different base station you first have to disconnect it from the previous base station.   The theives had to be next door so the camera could reach the old base station, or the thieves brought it within range after trying to make it work in their house.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, it turns out that a camera can be synced to a different base without first removing it from your system. It may cause issues by doing this but it's possible. Only the base is locked to your account.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I wonder if the camera serial numbers are searchable on Arlo’s servers.  It would be nice if there was an Arlo equivalent to “Find My IPhone”.  When a camera comes up missing...click on “Find my Camera”.  Or “Report Camera as Stolen” and have Arlo use either the geofencing information or IP address to locate the camera.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation