Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do all 6 cameras in a 6-camera system have free 7-day cloud storage?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fred_B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased a VMS4630P 6-camera Arlo Pro 2 system with model 4500 base.  On the box it says "7 days of cloud recordings", "Rolling 7 days of basic cloud recordings + upgrade options" and  "includes rolling 7 day cloud recording".  There is no mention of a 5-camera limit with this 6-camera system.

I downloaded the Arlo App (version 2.12.3_27015) and successfully added all 6 cameras.  But I am reading about a 5-camera limit with the free account.  If there is a 5-camera limit, how could I have added the 6th camera?

And, if the box does not mention a 5-camera limit, isn't this false advertising since you can't be aware of the limit until you purchase the system?  I can get by with using only 5 cameras of the 6 if I run into this limit but so far the app seems ok with having 6 cameras added.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The six pack of cameras has a special deal so it works...normally on the free level the limit is 5 as you’ve noted

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Fred_B
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, that explains it.  So I can actually use all 6 cameras - no false advertising.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct but be sure to use the proper procedure to set the system up. I've never done one of these so can't be explicit but the directions should guide you through it. It's something about a code or model number that's needed. If you don't do that, you're stuck with 5 cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation