Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do I need still need to pay for subscription if I add Pro 4 cameras to my Pro 2 base station ?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloUser2288
Follower
Follower

I am currently using Pro 2 cameras with a base station. I want to add more cameras so I can see more areas. They only sell Pro 4 and newer models now and I heard those cameras after Pro 2 now require subscriptions to see historical recordings but unclear if it is when only just the camera linked straight to wifi without base station. So I am wondering if I just adding two Pro 4 cameras to my Pro 2 base station that are linked to my Pro 2 cameras, will it function like Pro 2 cameras (free 7-day cloud storage) or those Pro 4 cameras specifically will still need subscriptions ? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You will require a paid subscription for a pro4 camera when the trial subscription expires to have arlo cloud storage and services.

The arlo 7days free cloud storage ended for all newer model cameras after the pro2 model back in 2018.

BTW, You are only allowed to have a max of five unsubscribed cameras per arlo account/location.

The Base station can backup triggered recordings to the USB storage device if configured but requires USB removal to view on a pc.

The arlo smart hubs 4540/5000 can have direct local viewing access for mobile app of backup recording but is a PIA to use.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation