Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do I have to delete my current Arlo app or can I just "update" the app as of 9/13?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
tlang3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do I have to really delete my current Arlo app and then reselect it from the App Store? Or can I just “update” the app as of 9/13 and that will be the new app?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Update to the new version app, 2.8x and after delete the old....they have diff names so you will see both ( old is like 2.7x )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tlang3
Aspirant
Aspirant
In order to download the new app, since I already have the icon on my phone, I would first have to delete the app, then redownload it. If I have to do this, will I lose all my set ups?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi tlang3,

You will need to install the new Arlo app as we will be migrating off from the Arlo Legacy app. Arlo is now a separate company from NETGEAR, and we need to migrate to new, separate developer accounts on the App Store and Google Play. When you use the new Arlo app, your recordings, camera settings, and account information will NOT be affected. You can read more about it here: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

A1_most-Done
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did read the notice about updating the Android and IOS apps in order to continue accessing the camera system.  However, I still use my Windows PC to access on the web my camera system.  Is NETGEAR going to allow ARLO to continue using NETGEAR's website to access the camera system?  Arlo Technologies has its own website, doesn't it?  Please advise proper website location to access AFTER September 30, 2019 on WEB..... Thanks so much!!! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@A1_most-Done wrote:

Please advise proper website location to access AFTER September 30, 2019 on WEB..... Thanks so much!!! 

Use https://my.arlo.com

BTW, that's been working for about a year now, so you can switch to it now.  In fact, they started redirecting arlo.netgear.com to it a couple weeks ago, so you are already landing there.  But at some point in the future Netgear will likely take arlo.netgear.com down - so you should stop using it.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation