Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Deleted Arlo Pro 2 camera I had on system. Trying to add back on. Unable to get blinking blue light.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SMB38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I previously had a camera on my system and deleted it. Now i can not get a blinking blue light to come on to sync it again. Does a battery have to be in to sync?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery and/or AC power will work. WHen the battery or AC power is applied do you get a brief blue flash from the camera indicating power is connected?

SMB38
Aspirant
Aspirant

It takes a minute but i get a very fast blinking blue light but i can not discover the camera from my phone and the sync button does not seem to do anything on the camera. The only way i get the fast blinking light is if i take the battery out and put it back in and plug in power?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SMB38 wrote:

The only way i get the fast blinking light is if i take the battery out and put it back in and plug in power?

Are you using "add device" or just resyncing?  Perhaps try add device if you aren't doing that.

You could also try resetting the base, and then add back all the cameras.  https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

SMB38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add device with my phone. i press sync on the base but never get continuous  blinking light with the camera.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey SMB38,

Have you tried StephenB's suggestion above by resetting the Base Station and trying to add all the cameras back?

SMB38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did and ended up on the phone with Tech support the camera sync stopped working. I don,t remember when i bought it i guess i have to buy a new one. Thanks for the help

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation