Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Damaged Micro USB connector and Won't Charge - Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
iamTurner
Follower
Follower

I recently had a problem with 2 of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras where they wouldnt charge. I was considering buying new Arlo Pro 4 cameras, but I didnt want to pay money per camera just for my recordings when my current cameras provide it free. I was also considering paying $200 to buy used arlo pro 2 cameras off facebook marketplace, but thats a lot of money for years old used technology, especially when they're bound to encounter this design flaw again and Im right back where I started minus $200. So I decided to fix the cameras myself.....

After opening the cameras up, I quickly realized the problem in both cases was the micro USB female connector. Awesome, I just needed to find a replacement. After googling I quickly realized others got to this point and didnt find a supplier (Example Here)?  However I was able to find a supplier at mini-cable.com selling a "Waterproof WTB cable (Rev2)" (Picture Below).

MN-LUK-WH566-1.pngLooks exactly like the ones in the arlo pro 2! I was going to buy this but then had to learn all about shipping from Taiwan to Canada and decided I didnt want to do that for a product that would probably go bad in a few years just like the one its replacing. So I decided to buy these waterproof electrical connectors from Amazon instead......  It looks ugly, but works perfectly and cost me ~ $15. besides, If I didnt point it out to anyone, they would never tell the difference and these will never rust.

20231109_111531.jpg20231109_111543.jpg20231109_111559.jpg

@Dazz56 

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation