Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Bryantbjb
Guide
Guide

Is there a customer service department? I started a ticket monday and have yet to receive a response. Should I just call? Maybe take the units back to Costco - I know they will love that. 

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can contact them again at:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

If you have a case number, use that. If they sent you an email, respond to it.

Bryantbjb
Guide
Guide

Thanks. I have a case number. They just don’t answer. 

@jguerdat wrote:

You can contact them again at:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

If you have a case number, use that. If they sent you an email, respond to it.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Bryantbjb

That’s because there honestly is no real support with these crap products and skeleton customer support crew of overseas unknowledgeable fools.

Sounds like you have the opportunity to save yourself time, money, and endless frustration - bring them back to Cosco and run far FAR away from Arlo while you still can.

Take it from a seasoned veteran of their BS
Zoey12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe that!   The support phone number won't connect through,  the live chat doesn't go through, The email won't go through, the Facebook page message goes unanswered.  My ARLO Pro worked for 2 months.  Now my acct is listed as "no subscription", surprisingly I lost live camera feed and activiy zone selection. Now those two options are listed as available by paid subscribtion only.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Zoey12

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Bryantbjb
Guide
Guide

Yes - in that my 2 base stations go off line when you plug in an external drive. Yes, in that the customer service is just horrible. They sent me out a refurburshed base station (and I had to pay because I wanted to my system to remain operational) then only to find out about the external drive issue. Repeated attempts to contact them via email were unansered. Finally as I sent the refurbursed unit back, because that was not the issue, they responded. Pretty poor customer service and the issue is still not fixed. 

Zoey12
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ ShayneS
The live feed came back on after being in 'checking status' mode for several days. Now just intermittently does it say that. I never got the 'vicinity zone' selection back that disappeared.
The front camera records cars passing by on street but not cars pulling into driveway or people walking up to front door. I finally got a case number via email 5 days ago, but no other contact until you just now. The 'security' camera doesn't provide much security now. L
loghome
Star
Star

Maybe with the Ultra, the Pro and Pro 2 - fuhgeddaboudit !

Braceman
Guide
Guide

Customer service is a myth. Had ArloPro 2 camera system almost  2 years . Problems started with January firmware update and an April update. System has been screwed up since. System displays I have 5 cameras operating when I have only 2.  Lost ability to have geo-fencing, no video in the library and I have asked whatever customer service folks to discontinue my account. Says that they can’t. That I must do it from my end. Kept telling my that there is a option button on my settings to remove my account. Have not found that button on my setting section. Three people have scanned my system and they can’t find it either and they are IT folks who know their business. This is why I said customer service is a myth. Any quality business concept features competent customer service and exceptional technical personnel to trouble shoot the customers problem. I have discourage several potential ARLO customers at Best Buy and Fry’s electronics from purchasing ARLO for the above reasons!

loghome
Star
Star

Thinking about returning my Pro 2's while I still have the chance.

What is a good replacement, Eufy E? 

Braceman
Guide
Guide

I have had the Canary in-home camera monitor for three years so I decided to try the Canary Flex indoors/outdoor camera's.

As with the Arlopro 2 camera system i have a UPS backup for all thrree camera's and indoor camera monitor.  So far I have not had any problems since installing them.  Two of them are installed on two story buildings ( house and work shed) that can present problems if things go haywaire and third camera installed over the screened-in patio. That's the problem I had with the arlo camera's.  I had to have them taken down on numerous occassions when I had to remove base station and camera's from the system and reinstall the base station and had to resync the camera's. At age 75 I had to pay someone to initally install the Arlo's and take them down and put them back up every time I had  to redo them.  Bill as of having them taken down for the last time in May has been $400.00 Good luck!

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation