Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Creating Activity Zone

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
When creating an activity zone im presuming the coloured box is where you want the ca.mera to detect or is it the the other way round?
12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The detection zone is inside the box.

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks. I thought so but i created 3 activity zone boxes on one camera and it didn't pick up anything strangely.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have just added a activity zone to block out the unwanted area and works ok, had to reboot the camera to get it to take first. This seems to be contrary to expectations.
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
So it's working the opposite for you and you're using the zone to produce no activity.
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also the Smart feature of not detecting animals is still detecting animals for some reason.
Pugjames2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dannybear
Master
Master
Well yes, I went through a lot of tests to prove the zone was blocking detection. When I just checked again just now the detection mode had flipped and now behaving as expected.
I have since setup three zones to cover the areas not to be excluded. I have no idea what has changed to cause this. It was my first crack at activity zone since going with external power on the camera.
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a warning "!" symbol and its wanted to be connected to power to enable activity zones on one of my camera views. Its smart enabled so shouldnt be an issue. How can I get rid of this error. Pulled the battery and re-synced the camera, logged out and in again and it's still there. Please help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Glasto

If you haven't already, Can you reboot the base station, try and create these zones on your computer & test again. You can also try and remove & re-sync the camera to the base station.

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did the above and cleared the "!". 

I created a zone and saved.

Went back to "Devices" page and "!" has appered again on that camera.

This should'nt be happening as its Smart enabled.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Glasto

Did you remove the camera from the settings & re add it? Can you remove & re add the camera to Active Cameras in  the (manage) section?

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes removed and re added. I can see it I my Manage Arlo settings but it shows inactive but won't allow me to drag it to activate it. It's cost me again to re add Smart to it. Day light robbery!!!!!!!
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation