Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Corrupted videos in library, can't view on CVR, no notification

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

See the attached video. I can't tell what is happening in it. Is it a delivery or a potential package thief?

There is no audio. It looks a little different on youtube but it is still distorted. On the Arlo app I couldn't even see the person until they were walking away.

I also didn't receive a notification for it. I cannot view the time period in the CVR as the footage is distorted there as well and when the footage reaches the point of the event it jumps straight to live view. 

I have done all sorts of troubleshooting including completely factory resetting and re-pairing all of my cameras. In addition to this push notifications are taking 30+ seconds to arrive. I have an open case for the notifications but there is so much going wrong that I don't have time to wade through support to get a case for every issue I'm having.

@JamesC can you tell us what is going on? It seems from other threads that there are tons of issues right now but status.arlo.com lists everything as OK. My system is pretty much useless in this state Smiley Sad

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The pixelation occurs every now and then ( do a search )...

Usu it is a form of interference, but could also be a dropped key frame

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is not interference. These are not analog cameras. The problem of reliably sending digital information without corruption has been solved for literally decades (wifi).

Somewhere along the pipeline from camera buffer to base station to cloud there is a software bug causing the corruption of the footage.

Regardless of the cause this is not acceptable in a (fairly expensive) security product.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation