Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just setting up my first pro2 cameras and lights and trying to work through understanding modes and rules. I am trying to ensure that I dont have "conflicting" rules and understand what the conflicting rules would do. 

Scenario:

Lights - Set on timer, then motion activated.

Cameras - Set on motion and sound, also have a rule established that when certain cameras activate, that that certain lights activate.

So, what i'm trying to understand is this. On my front porch, my arlo light is behind a post to make it less visible. The camera will activate first based on motion. It will start recording, and a rule is established to activate the light. But if a person is walking to front porch, and cam activates (thus activating light)--what woudl happen when the motion woudl activate the light? If the light is on already due to camera motion rule, woudl the light then turn off? Is the concept with the lights just "on/off" so that if its on, and motion activates it, it woudl then switch off?

Appreciate some guidance.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have mine set up so the camera triggers the light and also the light triggers the camera. Whichever device detects motion, there will be a recording (and a light if it's dark enough)

I think for your scenario, the light would stay on. The system knows when the light is on or off.

BUT... I'll have to test if that's still working when it's dark tonight because I've just noticed another cross triggering rule isn't working. I have a camera A motion triggers camera A and camera B to record. It's worked fine until today where camera B is no longer recording when camera A detects motion. The same might apply for the lights now

Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, Steve. The rules seemed to have worked, no conflicts. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation