Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Burnzy303
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Recently got the Arlo Pro 2 which i am loving, but i sometimes get cloudy footage on my front door camera, its outside pointing down towards path, it usually clears after a couple of hours, but i assume this is condensation, i never get it on my other camera which is located around the corner.
I am using official skins with the little hoods to try and stop this, but wondering if anyone has any advice as going out and wiping them would be a pain.

Picture attached of me this morning, Its very blurry.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Some have used auto product like rainx on the cameras ( haven't tried myself ) and/ or just a good cleaning...

Obv, the condensation needs to be eliminated some how.  ( is it inside or out ? ... if you wipe the lens in the am, does it fix it ? )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

You can try something like Rain-X on the lens or repositioning under an eave, etc. I also noticed that when I started using the Outdoor Power Adapter it does not happon as offten any more. This happons on a lot of cameras posisioned externaly. Got to love nature.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Burnzy303
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, im not sure if condensation is outside or inside the camera (hoping outside)
Ill check it in the morning.
I may try that rain ex, its just odd its just that camera, and it always clears fairly quickly. My friend who reccomended these said it can be the temprature change, but no idea.
I shall continue to investigate and report any findings.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Do have problems with night images also?  I ask because the skins with hoods are not compatible with the Pro 2.  The field of view on the Pro 2 is slightly wider than the Pro and the hood reflects some of the IR light which casts a cloud on the images.  I had to cut my hoods off and I believe I noticed the silicone skins do not include the hood.

Burnzy303
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, No cant say i have noticed much difference with the silicon skins on. The footage at night is still good quality. I got them more to protect the cameras for the weather; and although they are waterproof im slightly paranoid about the longevity of them outside all year long.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

So far, I’ve had good luck with the skins except for the IR scatter problem on the Pro 2.  An interesting side benefit has been that cameras with skins that are also in the sun, will operate on very cold days during the winter...even charge below 32°...because the camera is warmer than the outside air temp thanks to the sun.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation