Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cloud zones not working with v1.14.1.0_2909_bfcf6 firmware

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Before the infamous v1.14.1.0_2909_bfcf6 firmware update on my VMB4000r3, cloud zones were kind of working: 2 zones per camera were working, while 3 zones weren’t (no motion detected, which is unacceptable for a paid service).

Now cloud zones aren’t working at all and motion outside of them are detected.

Please rollback to a semi working setup.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Locutus73,

Are you still having problems with activity zones not working properly? If you still have problems, try removing the zones and re-creating it to see if that helps.

Hi NewfieDrool,

If you have problems where motion is not detecting properly, try reading this article to learn how to optimize motion detection from your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

If you still have problems with it not working properly, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

I found the zones never worked and like you if you had 3 zones it would fail to detect movement.

in fact I can’t get the motion control correct. Mines over looking my van at around 8ft away but I can get in the van and drive it away and then come back and park and it fails to pick this up. It however picks up cars on the road about 25ft away but will fail to pick up anyone walking past on the pavement around 20ft away. If I stand by the van it picks me up but not  alerting me that I can drive off or park back in front of the camera is strange. 

I could never rely on this setup as an only security camera and funny enough I was reading a chap has 20 cameras set up on the forum. 

My companion is having some cameras fitted by a local security company for a price with face recognition and other bits and bobs but let’s be honest Arlo is more of a diy setup for a fraction of the price of  professionally installed security system. In saying that they could at least get it half decent as it’s so unreliable the signs I have up do more.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Locutus73,

Are you still having problems with activity zones not working properly? If you still have problems, try removing the zones and re-creating it to see if that helps.

Hi NewfieDrool,

If you have problems where motion is not detecting properly, try reading this article to learn how to optimize motion detection from your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

If you still have problems with it not working properly, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jessica 

thank you for the link, I’ve sorted out the motion detection by altering the camera position and by removing the zones. 

Thanks again.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP  ha scritto:

Hey Locutus73,

Hi @JessicaP cloud activity zones with two zones in a single camera seems to work now, I didn't test with three zones yet (previously it didn't work). This week end I'll have some time for doing further tests and I'll report back.

Thank you.

Regards.

JoLoMo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still i find no help with this issue in any forums and no direct help email, the ‘activity zones’ option is no where to be seen in any of my settings and i have paid for a smart package, please advise
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JoLoMo wrote:
 the ‘activity zones’ option is no where to be seen in any of my settings 

Where are you looking?

In the web client (my.arlo.com):

1. click on the settings wheel next to the camera
  2. click on video settings

You should see "Adjust Image and Activity Zones" at the top of the page.  If you don't see an image (or see a stale one), click on "snapshot" and it should update.

Click on "Create New Zone" to create your first zone. Be careful to save it (save is at the top right) when you are done.

After you've created them, you can edit or delete them by clicking on the > on the far right of the zone label.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation