Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
kmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Since the latest firmware update for the Android app, 2.12.1_27005, two of my favorite features have gone missing. Now when I view library recordings in landscape mode, the following no longer appear:

1) The date and time
2) The close video (X) button

To see either of these, I now have to rotate my phone to portrait mode. Are others experiencing this? Was this change made intentionally? I don't see any mention of this in the release notes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Close Video "X" and Timestamp missing on Library Playback with Landscape View should now be fixed. Please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.13.

I have provided further details here. Arlo Android App - 2.13 - 4th March 2020

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
All that you said are missing I have them on my android and I have the newest update
Zeusbrat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I totally agree with you, when I open one of my "devices" it takes me straight into the activity history of each one of all my devices, instead of staying with the activity history of thecamera Im focused on. Also when you are viewing a video on landscape mode, it only gives you the name of the device you're watching, no time or date unless you flip it back to portrait mode!! What has happened??? Very unhappy with this new format!! Arlo, how can we fix this???
american007
Initiate
Initiate

There appears to be a recent update this week I think . I cant get the times and dates on my phone when I rotate the image so i can actualy view it in full screen . Worse off when I rotate phone so I can look through my individual camers it is stuck in library mode . I dont need to monitior all 5 cameras at one time . I wish I could just go back to how it was . There is literly no real customer support . I have something like 5 days with talking to reps overseas just repeating the same thing day after day . I hope some one see this and can help . I wish i bought another system now . 

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. Have the same problem and very disappointed. After latest update you can not monitor each camera in library without scrolling through all your cameras which is so time consuming if you only want to check the recordings on one camera. Pls go back as it have been in the past before latest update.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try downloading app version 2.12.2 and test these issues again?

kmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne, I'm sorry to say that update didn't fix the problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

kmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, Shayne!

Zeusbrat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Shayne !!
Jem961954
Aspirant
Aspirant

When update was done, they removed info from full screen playback. You can't see time video was recorded and even favorite star.
When I called I was told out can't be changed. It was on screen before.
I need those info on the screen.
Also when you want to play video from one camera, after first one, when you go back to library all cameras are there again.
I like to watch one camera at a time.

This is worse"update ever"

Jem961954
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also don't know why you have filters aft those dont work anymore either.

Please get rid of this whole update and go back to the one before this.

At least that One worked
kmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne, is there any progress on this newly-introduced bug? It's really really annoying! Thanks 🙂

Zeusbrat
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would be nice if we could just go back to the way it was before, simple, very friendly, any info you wanted was there.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Community,

The team is aware and working on this issue. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Close Video "X" and Timestamp missing on Library Playback with Landscape View should now be fixed. Please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.13.

I have provided further details here. Arlo Android App - 2.13 - 4th March 2020

kmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes! Thank you Shayne and dev team!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kmoo

You are welcome!

Zeusbrat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne, Thank you so much for always replying to all our messages, you have been very patient with us and our constant requests to bring back our "Arlo ap" to the way it was before. Today I downloaded the most recent update which is "2.13" and everything is back to the way it was before!!!!!! Now I can actually stay on whichever Arlo camera I want, and see the history of events that happened during the day while I was gone away from home!! While watching the videos on Landscape mode I can see the time and date.

However I will state the fact that if you have an old Samsung note 4 like the one I have, the "Ap" will take like 3 minutes to load everything, but!!! on my tablet which is not as old, the "Ap" will load in a fairly amount of time, that's just some information for all the folks that have older Android phones letting you know that I believe that if it takes like three minutes to load it's not the "Ap" it could be your phone.

Thank you again for the patience, and fulfilling our requests. Go Arlo!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Zeusbrat

You are welcome!

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation