Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clicking sound from camera. Low battery within 1 week of charging and connected to solar charger

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ltully2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recharged the battery and also connected to solar charger. Heard a constant clicking and battery went low within one week and disconnected. The 2nd camera has remained charged and connected. Any advise?
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ltully2,

Are you using an official Arlo branded solar panel?

JamesC

Ltully2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am using a solar panel that I ordered from Arlo.  I am also being told by Arlo that I cannot receive support for my Case Number: 43011898.

"it appears that you are not entitled to live agent support."

Meanwhile I ordered this solar panel and installed it in February when I was going to be away for more than 3 months - hoping that my camera would stay charged. Just one week later the camera went off line with no power! Not very happy with Arlo and will look elsewhere for a better camera when I get home.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ltully2,

How much activity is this camera receiving each day? (recordings and live streams)

JamesC

Ltully2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Mr. JamesC

I have had Pro 2 cameras installed since 2018, one by the garden, and one by the porch.  My "garden" camera gets the most activity - the situation since I installed it.  In the past, this battery powered down before the "standard" 3 month charge was up (obviously because of the activity). So I installed an Arlo purchased solar panel charger on this camera Oct., 2021.   In Feb., 2022 the battery had 20% left (I was happy with the solar results!)  I charged this battery again and hooked it up to the solar power panel. Within 1 week of the NEW "charge", the camera had a constant clicking sound and the battery drained, and camera has been off line since.  It has never recharged since February, 2022. (still hooked up to solar panel). 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation