Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm using the factory wire and the factory charger and when I try to charge the cameras it keeps telling me charging fault. I tried my other Arlo charger and my other wire and the cameras are telling me the same thing charging fault . I have two cameras I can't charge
19 REPLIES 19
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
I'm using the factory wire and the factory charger and when I try to charge the cameras it keeps telling me charging fault. I tried my other Arlo charger and my other wire and the cameras are telling me the same thing charging fault . I have two cameras I can't charge

Maybe try swapping the battery with a camera that is charging???

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I tried that once now I have two cameras that won't charge I'm afraid to mess around with the third one may have the same problem again. I'm sure this has to do with one of their firmware update
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Well maybe Arlo Chargers a crap cuz I took my Samsung fast charger for my phone plugged it in and now it charges fine
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Nope Samsung charger powers the camera. Battery not charging
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
Nope Samsung charger powers the camera. Battery not charging

Does the Samsung charger support quickcharge?  Also, how does the amperage compare to the Arlo chargers?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes it's a quick charger now I plugged the Arlo charger back in and it's also powering the camera before it wasn't doing that it kept giving me a fault
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
So far it's not charging the battery but it is powering the camera
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
So now two of my cameras are giving me a charging fault when I use Arlo charger and cable. Interesting if I plug in a Samsung fast charger it Powers the camera with no fault , does not charge the battery. I tried to power down the camera and remove the battery for a little while with no success. Anybody have any ideas
Miguelsantunes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same happens to me, a bit better after an update on 22th December, but still not perfect.

is charging and time to time "stops" ( but in fact is always charging, but device doesn't recognize) (its my assumption)

cheers, 

Miguel

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardware problems can only be resolved via contacting support. Use the link at the bottom here.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
All still going to do is read off a script I don't think they know much more than I do
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I've already searched this form and I know I'm not the only one having this problem. probably one of their firmware updates that screwed this up. I've also tried solutions on this Forum like removing the battery for a while. What's interesting is the Samsung fast charger powers the camera just fine but won't charge the battery. Arlo charger does nothing but gives me a fault , will not power it or charge it
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
After further testing I have determined that two of Arlo Chargers are no longer working and
defective ,and they haven't even been used that much poor quality. Could also be one of the irresponsible firmware updates that broke it as they try to get nothing else to work but Arlo stuff. After trying a third Arlo charger that I have in stock NOW the charging fault went away. I also have a third-party charger that works fine.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
After further testing I have determined that two of Arlo Chargers are no longer working

Well, I'm glad you figured it out, but it is annoying that the chargers failed.  You could try contacting support and see if they will replace them.

@Johnny290 wrote: I also have a third-party charger that works fine.

If this is a commonly available charger, it might be helpful to others if you post the model/part number.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
The charger I bought comes with 30 feet of wire so it's not just the charger
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
So here's an update after further investigating the same to Arlo Chargers that will giving me a fault when plugged in for charging The pro camera work perfectly fine on the Pro 2 cameras. When I plug it into the Arlo Pro I got a charging fault. If I take my aftermarket charger and plug it into the pro it charges just fine.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnny290 wrote:
So here's an update after further investigating the same to Arlo Chargers that will giving me a fault when plugged in for charging The pro camera work perfectly fine on the Pro 2 cameras. When I plug it into the Arlo Pro I got a charging fault. If I take my aftermarket charger and plug it into the pro it charges just fine.

This is a bit garbled, so I'd like to get it clarified.

The Pro-2 charger should have both a 9 volt and a 5 volt spec printed on it.  The Pro charger should only list 5 volts.  Which Arlo charger is causing the charging fault with the Pro?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm going to have to check I didn't know there was any difference since the batteries are the same I didn't think it mattered which charger I use. The aftermarket Chargers work finds on either camera
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Also it is only the pro camera that's giving me a fault. The Pro 2 it doesn't seem to matter which charger I use they both work
Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation