Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charge plug adapter size. There are 3 moving dots across the screen?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
greyowl10
Tutor
Tutor

I've been trying a few things with the cams & have one question that I can't reference.   I have tried using one of the small (cube-type) iphone plugs with a standard Wasserstein cable on an outside camera without a battery.  The camera appears to be active & record but in the "live" mode there are 3 moving dots across the screen.  So there seems to be power to the cam.  I have tried the same with a battery installed using an Android tablet plug & get the same result.  Can anyone enlighten me as to what is occurring here?  The dots would indicate a signal or power deficiency I'm thinking.   Thx /  

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi greyowl10,

Could you clarify on what problem you're experiencing? Are you asking what the AC adapter plug size is? Or are you asking what the "3 moving dots across the screen" is?

greyowl10
Tutor
Tutor

Appreciate the response  / actually both questions   # 1 can I use a small "cube size" plug adapter on a continuously plugged -in cam   ?  Is it underpowered ?   Also , when I use this / the live feed is continuously interrupted by a "stall " & then a series of dots crossing the screen.  I do not have this issue with any "normal"  Arlo / Wasserstein/etc  fast charge connector.     I'm thinking just underpowered ??  /  Thx /  B

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally, any USB charger that has a 5v, 2A output can run the camera. To charge the battery, the charger must have both 5v and 9v outputs.

The "dots" simply means the communication between the camera and the base is having issues. This can be for any reason that signal strength and/or quality is affected. Move the camera closer to the base to see if it still happens and swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation