Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing internet service providers. Base Station just requesting DHCP IP # and using UPnP?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to switch internet connection to a Netgear NightHawk MR1100 wifi hotspot using 4g LTE cell tower data. I have a Linksys EA9300 Smart Router in bridge mode connected to the NightHawk via ethernet cable. The Night hawk is supplying the IP numbers for the local area network; the NightHawk address is 192.168.1.1 and UPnP is enabled. Amcrest and Foscam cabers are working using the NightHawk when connected via ethernet cable to the EA9300. Currently the Arlo Base station is working on DSL modem in bridge mode connected to a Linksys EA9500 router. I have connected the Arlo Base Station to the EA9300, and cycled the power, I get a blue light for a few seconds but it turns back to red.

Can anyone tell me why my Arlo Base Station is not working with EA9300? I there a way to login to the Base Station? Is the base station just requesting a DHCP IP number and using UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) to get around the NAT addressing? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the help, I now have it working. It appears that you have to connect the ethernet cable to the router with the power off the Base Station and after connecting turn the power on. Connecting and cycling the power does not work in my situation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base just uses DHCP - UPnP has nothing to do with it (I disable this for security reasons). WHen not working, do you see an IP address assigned from the DHCP server to the base? Since it works in some connections but not others either no IP address is being assigned or something in your network is blocking access.

N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the help, I now have it working. It appears that you have to connect the ethernet cable to the router with the power off the Base Station and after connecting turn the power on. Connecting and cycling the power does not work in my situation.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation