Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changed Internet Provider, Now Arlo Won't Work

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 5 cameras were working fine this morning.  Switched from Spectrum Cable to Windstream DSL, ran the short LAN cable between Base Station and new modem/router Gateway's ethernet jack, suddenly nothing is showing for any of the cameras..  Do they all have to be re-synced or is there something else I need to do to get them back online?  WiFi appears to be working correctly.....can go online, stream videos, etc.  

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@larryc5a wrote:

Switched from Spectrum Cable to Windstream DSL, ran the short LAN cable between Base Station and new modem/router Gateway's ethernet jack, suddenly nothing is showing for any of the cameras.. 

What base station model?  What is the LED status of the base?  Also, if the gateway has ethernet leds, are you seeing normal connectivity status on the gateway ethernet port?

larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the late update and thank you Stephen for the assistance.

It was apparently an "Operator Problem".  I was trying to log into my system using my old email address.  It let me in but wouldn't show any videos and warned that I needed to sign up for a Plan or Subscription.  When I log in with the correct email address all cameras are working fine.

larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, the system is working OK with relatively low-speed Windstream DSL.  I had read Arlo Pro 2 needs about 1.5 MBPS per camera.  I have 5 cameras so theoretically I would need 7.5 MBPS.  My Windstream tests at only 6.0 MBPS download speed but everything is working.  You can't argue with success!  My Internet-only bill was $79.99 with Spectrum.  With Windstream, it's only $50.00.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That speed is only needed if all cameras are streaming at once, not the usual situation.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

That speed is only needed if all cameras are streaming at once, not the usual situation.

Also, what matters is the upload speed, not the download speed.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation