Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DevilsGlovk
Tutor
Tutor

Once again this OVERpriced camera system has failed. Cars in my neighborhood broken into last night. Camera system didn’t record the motion in my driveway.
Anyone that reads this.....do yourself a favor. Buy the $40 YI camera on Amazon. Everything about YI camera is better. Price, picture quality, night vision, motion detection!
Maybe, I’ll get lucky and be able to sell this camera system to someone. I’ll definitely tell anyone who is interested in it about all the bad things first & let the person decide for themselves.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

How far away are the cars?

The Pro2 pir device only really detects people out to 25 ft when armed.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DevilsGlovk
Tutor
Tutor
Maybe 15 feet. If that far.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@DevilsGlovk wrote:

Once again this OVERpriced camera system has failed. Cars in my neighborhood broken into last night. Camera system didn’t record the motion in my driveway.
Anyone that reads this.....do yourself a favor. Buy the $40 YI camera on Amazon. Everything about YI camera is better. Price, picture quality, night vision, motion detection!
Maybe, I’ll get lucky and be able to sell this camera system to someone. I’ll definitely tell anyone who is interested in it about all the bad things first & let the person decide for themselves.

Are you sure they came into your driveway? Did the other YI catch the action. 

DevilsGlovk
Tutor
Tutor
I’m 100% sure they came in my driveway & yes.....YI camera got the action. Luckily, my car was locked.
Arlo camera was closer to the car. Would’ve loved to get a closer look at the people but like I said the camera failed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Direction of motion and sensitivity may need to be changed. PIR sensors don't work well when motion is directly at the sensor. Changing sensitivity in your modes and rules may also help. Testing is needed to get the best possible solution.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation