Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
franciscor
Guide
Guide

I've been having this weird issue with my arlo pro 2 system where when i try to conect to live it will time out. But it can detect and record motion and send me a notification. this seems to only occur where this one camera is located. It worked fine for a couple of months at this spot without any issue.  I have other arlo pro 2 cameras which work fine. Theres another arlo pro 2 cam at the same distance but on the other side with the same signal strenght, actually its a litte bit further from base and it connects to live fine. I tried rebooting the base and my wifi router which didnt fix the issue. I removed the cam from the base and re-added it and it worked fine for a day and issue came back. I tried another experiment where i swapped cameras and the issue cleared up for a week but problem returned. Doesnt make sense. Why does this happen where this  camera is located. Its at a prime spot to get a whole view of the back yard.  Sometimes it will connect in the ater evening. Any ideas on what i could do? the camera is only  about 25 ft away from the base. Thanks in advance. Sucks having to continue to get the ladder to yank it down to readd to the base or to continue to swap them out. I wonder if there was a recent firmware  update which causeed issues?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @franciscor,

Does this happen when you're trying to view the live video through the Arlo app on your phone, or through the web browser on your computer, or both?

franciscor
Guide
Guide

Hi Jessica, it happens on both iPhone app and web browser

Dannybear
Master
Master
@franciscor,
When you try to view live and it doesn’t want to work, try toggling the power management settings under the camera video settings to see if the camera will restore video.
franciscor
Guide
Guide

Hi Danny, thanks for the advice, I will try that the next time it happens. For some odd reasons IT's been working fine all day today. Yesterday it would time out right  away as soon as i clicked live. THen when i went into the settings to turn off and back on the device (camera). It connected fine. I swear these cameras have a mind of their own. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
If it the same issue I have then what I suggested will not stop it recurring but may save you climbing the ladder to reset it.

My issue occurs only when the camera is externally powered and using the magnetic mounts.

I believe that they have poltergeist myself.
franciscor
Guide
Guide

Hey Danny, funny how you say it occurs when its externally powered. Last year one of my cameras had that issue. I have one cam on the back door. I have that one always powered since my other cameras are not externally powered. So when the other cameras battery is low i just swap the batteries out. But anyways, this one camera had a super weird issue  and only this one that only cam that was powered.  I coudnt conntect live to it when it was power and via the wifi with either the phone app or web.  When i turned off my iphones wifi and connected to the camera via cellular data i could connect to live. WHen i unplugged the power adapter the issue went away. But that issue went away. I assume it might been with a firmware update, but not to sure...

If you access the camera with the phone, turn off the phones wifi and try to connect to it. I bet you can. 🙂

Dannybear
Master
Master
@franciscor,

Thanks for the hint, will try changing to cellular mode when it plays up to see if it makes a difference. I know that it makes no difference if using the web browser.

My camera issue starts with pixelation or smearing then progresses to no video after several hours. The issue is location based and only when externally powered. There’s no other wifi nearby so not interference related. I have had the problem since purchasing them last September. Anyway level 2 support is looking into it.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@franciscor,
My camera stopped live view again this morning and so tried your hint but no joy unfortunately.
I have a dual band modem so I use the 5ghz band for my mobile devices as this frees up the 2.4ghz band for the base.
I noticed that I get better performance out of the system using this method.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation