Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot view videos on phone, but OK on Desktop

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have always been able to view my Arlo 2 Pro cameras on my desktop computer using the address Arlo Web Portal|Smart Home Security but when I log in and try from my phone, it says I need a subscription and won't show me any camera videos.   I bought the 5 camera system about 4 years ago and everything works fine from my desktop.  I can log in, view, download videos, etc. but not from my phone.  What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@larryc5a wrote:

Everything works fine on the desktop but Arlo says I need a subscription to get into my system and see camera videos on my phone.

Can you livestream the cameras from the app?  My guess is no, but it would be good to know for sure.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the same email address/password on the phone as you are using on the desktop?

larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I double checked it....same email address and password both for this desktop, my Samsung smart phone and also for this Arlo Community board.  Everything works fine on the desktop but Arlo says I need a subscription to get into my system and see camera videos on my phone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@larryc5a wrote:

Everything works fine on the desktop but Arlo says I need a subscription to get into my system and see camera videos on my phone.

Can you livestream the cameras from the app?  My guess is no, but it would be good to know for sure.

larryc5a
Aspirant
Aspirant

You pointed me in the right direction.  My problem was I had never installed the latest Arlo Secure app.  After doing that I can see all cameras via the app.  Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation