Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot "activate"new cameras. Says to pay subscription. How do I activate these WITHOUT paying Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
imjules
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm deeply frustrated and hope someone can help me out here. I recently purchased two NEW ad-on cameras for my Arlo Pro2 wireless camera set (it came with 3 originally).

The cameras say they are synced with the base station, but when I look at them on the app, it says "you must first activate the cameras." When I click on activate, it takes me to "subscriptions." I DO NOT WANT TO PAY MORE FOR A SUBSCRIPTION. I just want the dang cameras (which I paid nearly $400 for) to work with my station! Looking at the help page offers zero help. Says to look at the settings for each camera, then click on the three dots. There are no 3 dots.

How do I activate these WITHOUT paying Arlo for something I don't want (a subscription).

TIA

Jules

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
imjules
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I figured out the issue.

I had the older 2 cameras that died 6-8 months after I purchased them (refurbished) still listed on my "devices." That meant that the program thought I then had SEVEN cameras.

I removed the dead cameras, synced the new ones again, and voila! It works with no subscription.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@imjules wrote:

I recently purchased two NEW add-on cameras for my Arlo Pro2 wireless camera set (it came with 3 originally).

What model were the add-on cameras?  Pro3 and Ultra do require subscriptions for cloud storage, the additional Pro2 cameras shouldn't require that (since you have 5 total).

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having a similar problem.  I have 4 Arlo pros and 1 pro 2 that have always had the free 7 day cloud storage. I just purchased another pro 2. I want to activate it with the 2.99 plan and still keep the other 5 the same. After i activate the new camera with the single 2.99 plan it then kicks off one of my other cameras. I shouldn’t have to buy a plan for all 6 cameras now should I?

imjules
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were Arlo Pro 2. I hadn't removed the previous 2 that I purchased that were refurbished (which crapped out after less than one year!), so I did that. I have a total of 5. I purchased the original base and 3 cameras at Costco, but wanted to replace the 2 defective ones.  According to the literature, you can have up to 5 on this system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@imjules wrote:

According to the literature, you can have up to 5 on this system.

That is correct.  Support should be able to help resolve this.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

imjules
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I figured out the issue.

I had the older 2 cameras that died 6-8 months after I purchased them (refurbished) still listed on my "devices." That meant that the program thought I then had SEVEN cameras.

I removed the dead cameras, synced the new ones again, and voila! It works with no subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation