Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RFA_ARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own an Arlo 4500r2 basestation and 6 Arlo pro2 cameras. Also have the premier Arlo subscription for the cameras.

I try to add an additional Arlo pro2, but the basestation and the camera keep flashing blue slowly, but the basestation does not "discover" the camera. I tried power cycle, disconnect the internet for 10 min, power off for 10 min and still same behaviour.

I did not find any procedure to "reset" the camera.

Any suggestions? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no camera reset other than to reinsert the battery. When syncing, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds.

RFA_ARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant
i tried short press as well as starting the syncing via the app, phone being on the same router as the basestation, still no luck... both flashing blue and eventually timeout
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the camera is faulty. However, first try connecting the camera to AC power, both with and without battery. Some folks have had success with this for some reason. If that works, it may still point to a faulty camera.

Worst case, a system reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices may be needed.

RFA_ARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant
- removed all cams and basestation from acount, reset bs and readded the bs -> tried to sync first this cam -> no success (other cams sync in under 15sec) ----> so it's a camera issue

- tried sync with ac power with and without battery, same behaviour, timed out

I think it's the cam...
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RFA_ARLO wrote:

I think it's the cam...

Sounds likely, so perhaps just exchange it with the seller.

RFA_ARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just sent it back to arlo, completed and RMA trough customer support

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation